Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger

DVDs out today

Battle: Los Angeles - Aliens attack suddenly and the last city standing is LA. (This movie was decent at best. The actors in it were good, but not even the special effects were great. And for an action movie that's crucial. I do have to give the writers credit for making the aliens water-based lifeforms that needed our planet to survive. That was an interesting concept.)

Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son - Martin Lawrence's son witnesses some sort of crime and they have to hide out at an all girl's school. (The first one was funny, the second one was okay, but I refused to see the third. It just looks ridiculous.)

Hall Pass - Three guys get permission from their wives to have an entire week of not being married and to do whatever or whoever they want. (The concept of this film is kind of disgusting and I could go on a long rant about how more and more movies are coming out regarding adultery/cheating, but I'll save it for another time. I like the actors, but I didn't see it. That doesn't mean I won't, but chances are I probably won't.)

Red Riding Hood - A more adult version of the classic tale. (Oh, did I say "adult"? I meant, tween. It was okay, but I really disliked the lead guy which made me dislike the entire movie. However, I was kept guessing as to who the werewolf really is, so that's something.)


Politically Conscious Goodies


Underrated movie of the post:
Eraser. A man specializing in placing people in Witness Protection has to go above and beyond to keep one of his charges safe. (I could watch this movie over and over again and when I was little I did. It's action-packed, has James Caan, and Arnold's accent wasn't that annoying. Plus, one of the bad guy's henchmen is killed by an alligator! Oh yeah!)


Movies to see:
Eraser (really it's the only one worth watching)


Trailers of the post

Lucky. Colin Hanks wins the lottery, marries the girl of his dreams, and then starts killing people. (This. Looks. Awesome! I love Colin Hanks!)



The Guard. An Irish detective has to team up with an American FBI agent to take down some dangerous drug-smugglers. (Oh my, this looks hilarious. I love it!)



Name 7 Arnold Schwarzenegger:
Terminator, Twins, Junior, True Lies, Eraser, Collateral Damage, Commando


Kevin Bacon Game:
The Arnold was in Batman & Robin with Alicia Silverstone who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps


QQ #270 winner:
Katie with Matchstick Men!


QQ Standings:

Katie - 68

Molly - 60

Me - 53


QQ #271: name this Ex-Governator movie:
"Oh, I'm sorry about the bike, and the coffee, and the bus, and...the bomb."

a. True Lies
b. Batman & Robin
c. Eraser
d. Jingle All the Way

2 comments:

KT80 said...

Hmm... I really have no idea. I like Christmas, so I'll go with d).

molly mouse said...

oh, poop, i was going to say d. well, then I'll say c. also, i laughed out loud when i read "and then starts killing people". bahahaha! that's great!