Friday, November 12, 2010

Helen Mirren

Movie out Wednesday

Morning Glory - Rachel McAdams runs a morning show starring Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford and gets to make out with Patrick Wilson. (I literally just watched this movie and it was hilarious. I just wish Jeff Goldblum was in it more and that Patrick Wilson had his shirt on less.)

Movies out Today

Fair Game - Naomi Watts is outted as a spy for the CIA and her husband Sean Penn seems like a real asshole. (Not a big stretch for Sean Penn, but that probably means he'll just win another Oscar.)

Skyline - Aliens suck humans into their spaceships by some sort of weird light and Turk from Scrubs somehow saves the day. (I was sold during the original teaser showing people being vacuumed into the spaceships by the hundreds. Looks awesome!)

Unstoppable - Denzel Washington and Chris Pine chase down a runaway train with their own train and stuff blows up or something. (Who knew that trains could be so exciting? Oh wait, they aren't...)

Queenly Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
National Treasure 2. Nicolas Cage is roped into another treasure hunt but brings along his mom this time for kicks and giggles. (This is the first film where I realized that Helen Mirren could be funny. And I liked it. I liked it a lot.)

Movies to see:
Morning Glory, Skyline, National Treasure 2

Trailers of the post: Comedies

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. A bunch of dudes somehow unearth Santa Claus and hole him for ransom. (I know this is a foreign WEIRD movie, but I just couldn't help posting it. It's insane.)



Just Go With It. Adam Sandler tricks a hot woman to fall in love with him by pretending he's divorcing Jennifer Aniston. (Am I the only person who sees the flaw in this plot? How does Adam Sandler keep getting these hot women? Kate Beckinsale, Salma Hayek, and now Jennifer Aniston? I mean, the guy is great and funny, but I just don't see it...)



Name 7 Helen Mirren:
National Treasure 2, The Queen, Inkheart, Raising Helen, State of Play, Shadowboxer, Legend of the Guardians.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Helen Mirren was in The Queen with Michael Sheen who was in Frost Nixon with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #214 winner:
Molly gets it with Interstate 60! Further proof that even if you think you've lost, you should still guess!

QQ #215: name this Helen Mirren movie:
"No! You are our son and we love you."

a. Calendar Girls
b. The Prince of Egypt
c. National Treasure 2
d. The Queen

1 comment:

KT80 said...

Ooh! I think I know this one - b)The Prince of Egypt.

That Santa movie looks beyond creepy and has the potential to ruin Christmas for anyone who watches it. Thanks so much for bringing that into my life. ; )