Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Geoffrey Rush (Turkey Day Special)

DVD out Today

Eat Pray Love - Julia Roberts travels around the world to find what her life's been missing: Javier Bardem. (I'm not sure I enjoyed this movie to its fullest extent because I'm not a middle-aged woman who's unhappy with my life. But I did enjoy it, so twenty-somethings can like it, but if you're a tween then you'll probably fall asleep.)

The Expendables - Sylvester Stallone and all his steroid-using buddies go kind of nuts and kill a bunch of people in really awesome ways. (I was actually a little disappointed in this movie. There was too much talking and not enough blowing crap up.)

Movies out Tomorrow

Burlesque - Christina Aguilera tries to make a name for herself singing and dancing in a Burlesque show. (I don't care what anyone says, this movie looks amazing! The singing, the dancing, the Cher! It's gonna be awesome!)

Faster - The Rock goes around killing a bunch of people. (I'm honestly not sure what the real plot of this movie is, but it looks pretty badass.)

Love and Other Drugs - Jake Gyllenhaal, a womanizer, and Anne Hathaway, an artist with early onset Parkinson's, accidentally fall in love in this moving film. (I actually didn't know about the Parkinson's part of this movie, but I knew from the first time I saw the trailer that I wanted to see it. It looks both hilarious and emotional all in one. The perfect combination!)

Tangled - Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore lend their voices to the new Disney film bringing the story of Rapunzel to the screen. (I will do or see anything involving Zachary Levi. And I know that sounds creepy, but I promise it's not as creepy as it sounds. Not AS creepy.)

Weirdly Cool Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Finding Nemo. A clown fish traverses the ocean with a friend with short-term memory loss as he hunts for his son. (After discovering Geoffrey Rush in the Pirates movies, I was pleasantly surprised to find that he isn't always a creepy dirty guy. He was funny as Nigel!)

Movies to see:
Burlesque, Faster, Love and Other Drugs, Tangled, Finding Nemo.

Trailers of the post: Chick Flicks

No Strings Attached. Two best friends try their hand as being "friends with benefits" but accidentally fall in love. (I'm a HUGE fan of Natalie Portman and a kind of fan of Ashton Kutcher so I'm sure I'll meet halfway and be a normal fan of this movie.)



Red Riding Hood. Amanda Seyfried takes on this odd interpretation of the classic fairy tale. (This looks rather sexy and I'm rather interested. Rather interested indeed.)



Name 7 Geoffrey Rush:
Finding Nemo, Mystery Men, Pirates of the Caribbean, Quills, House on Haunted Hill, Shakespeare in Love, Legend of the Guardians.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Geoffrey Rush was in Mystery Men with Greg Kinnear who was in As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

QQ #217 winner:
Katie wins with Just My Luck!

QQ #218: name this Geoffrey Rush movie:
"I only knew that you'd know that I knew. Did you know THAT?"

a. Shakespeare in Love
b. Legend of the Guardians
c. Finding Nemo
d. Mystery Men

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I have no idea. I'm going with a)Shakespeare in Love. Happy Thanksgiving!

Molly and Molly said...

i guess B. also, someone really wants you to buy timberland boots?