Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ben Affleck

Movies out Friday

All About Steve - I can't wait to see this one. I love Sandra Bullock and, while she is awesome as the uptight bitch we all love (The Proposal, Two Weeks Notice), she is also great as a crazy person. I also love Thomas Hayden Church. He's hilarious is almost* everything (*Spiderman 3 was terrible and he wasn't in his "funny guy" role). And if you still need a reason to go see this movie: Bradley Cooper. Enough said.

Extract - There is so much about this movie that I love: it's written by Mike Judge (Office Space and Idiocracy), it stars Jason Bateman, and it co-stars Kristen Wiig, J.K. Simmons, and Clifton Collins Jr. With all of this, how could it be bad?

Gamer - For all you ladies out there, Gerard Butler stars. For all you dudes out there, he's kicking ass and taking names. There is so much action, I may pee my pants. And for all you teenage girls (and sicko adult girls like myself), Logan Lerman is in it to. I really need to stop broadcasting my infatuation with this kid. At least until he turns 18. But even then probably not.

My One and Only - It's a period piece (not that far back, but in the 50s I think) starring Renee Zellwager, Logan Lerman (I know, but just wait for it....) and KEVIN BACON!!! Huzzah!

Eh... Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Smokin' Aces. Ben Affleck gives his best acting performance in this film. At the part where Chris Pine kills him and is sitting on his chest playing with his face and being hilarious. There is no possible way that Ben Affleck could hold back his laughter! I can't wrap my head around it! He must have been put into a coma, that's the only way.

Movies to see:
All About Steve, Gamer, Extract, My One and Only, and Smokin' Aces. That's all of them! It is a rare occasion when nothing crappy or uninteresting has come out. Rare indeed.

Trailers of the post: Previous and Going to be Cult Classics.
Sidenote: I really wanted to post these to trailers even though neither of them have anything to do with Ben Affleck. He's just the topic because I've had him on my list for a while and wanted to get rid of him. The dude's been in everything, you don't even realize. So I'm hoping that the excitement that these two trailers are about to induce will put from your mind the fact that I'm deviating from the norm. And yes, I realize that people rarely watch the trailers I post let alone read what I have to say about them. This is just for me.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon. I am aware that I've already posted a trailer for this film, but that other trailer wasn't all about Jacob (Taylor Lautner) whom I love in the movies and hate in the books. Go figure. Maybe it has to do with how fine this kid is (I say "kid" because he is underage. So he joins the ranks of Logan Lerman making me an even bigger creeper).



The Boondock Saints: All Saints Day. Holy crap!!!! I can't put into words how excited I am! Only exclamation points can convey it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Name 7 Ben Affleck:
Jersey Girl, Paycheck, Reindeer Games, Smokin’ Aces, Sum of All Fears, Bounce, Forces of Nature.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Ben Affleck was in Reindeer Games with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #102 winner:
Diana takes her second win with Intolerable Cruelty!

QQ #103: Name this Ben Affleck movie:
"'Cats' is the second worst thing that ever happened to New York City."

a. He's Just Not That Into You
b. Jersey Girl
c. Dogma
d. Armageddon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jersey Girl! Yeah, I'm back baby!

PS. I've reconsidered my stance on red grapes, they are delicious.

PPS. I can do you make up for the bachlorette party and wedding if you want.

<3, Kristina

Molly and Molly said...

aw pooperdoodle! i was going to say jersey girl. oh well, i think the real triumph here is that i had time to read your blog!

today when i was out, i saw some AMAZING giraffe statues. and i bought them. for you. but i'm holding them ransom unless you bring that pink dress up this weekend.
LOVE YOU

conal (adj): shaped like that of a cone. "That baby's head was very conal."