Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Would you like a Blanchett?

DVDs out today:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - This movie was long but brilliant. And I don't care if it's plot line matches up with Forrest Gump. I liked Forrest Gump too! Also, this movie sneaks up on you in the end emotion-wise. I didn't think I was going to cry, but all of a sudden I was! Tricksy, tricksy Brad Pitt.

Last Chance Harvey - I didn't see this movie but I want to. I'm not even sure what it's about, but I know it stars Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson, both of whom I love.

Kind of a slow week DVD-wise. Let's see if we can liven things up with...

Cate Blanchett Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Bandits. This movie originally attracted me because it stars Bruce Willis, but the quirky characters and the twist at the end won me over. It's a good Saturday-morning-relaxation-time movie.

Movies to see: Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Forrest Gump, Last Chance Harvey, and Bandits.

Disappoinment of the post: Apparently there is going to be another remake of Robin Hood. Cate Blanchett is Maid Marian which is cool. But Russell Crowe is Robin Hood. Why make a remake that is just going to bore the pants off of people?

Trailer of the post: District 9. This movie looks weird for many reasons, but could be interesting if they put out a better trailer.



Name 7 Cate Blanchett: Elizabeth, Notes on a Scandal, Lord of the Rings, Bandits, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Gift, Babel.

Cate Blanchett was in Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #70 winner: Kristina again with Surf's Up! You're right, you do need a life. But then again, if you need a life for knowing obscure things about movies then where does that put me?!

QQ updates. It's been another 10 QQ's so here're the standings:
Katie: 21
Molly: 18.5
Katrina: 12
Kristina: 5
Janette: 3

QQ #71: name this Cate Blanchett movie:
"I can read for you. But that's about all I can do."

a. Curious Case of Benjamin Button
b. The Gift
c. Bandits
d. Notes on a Scandal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly have no idea, so I guess B.

Kristina

KT80 said...

i have no idea, and i don't remember what the other movies are, but b is taken, so einey, meiney, miney, mo, a it is. because i have an a in my name. and for absolutely no other reason. =D