Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rachel McAdams

Movies out this weekend:

Terminator: Salvation - See below.

Dance Flick - While most of these spoof movies are dumb, I might not mind seeing this one. The Wayans brothers can be pretty cool.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - I'm pretty freaking excited to see this movie. I mean, Dick Van Dyke is cool, but all the new additions to the cast (Hank Azaria, Bill Hader, Amy Adams, etc) are very exciting and should make this movie even better than the first!

Summer Movie Review Part 2:

Angels & Demons - Book-wise, Angels & Demons is better than The Da Vinci Code. Movie-wise, I'd have to say they are about the same. Both have equal amounts of puzzles and intrigue. One thing that A&D has over DVC is Ewan McGregor. Not only does he bring a certain sense of beauty to the film, but his portrayel of the Camerlango was fantastic. The entire movie was suspenseful and some of the effects were pretty spectacular. They tweaked a few details, but half the time I didn't notice. That's how exciting it is!

Terminator: Salvation - Christian Bale was the main actor advertised for this film, but I honestly believe that Sam Worthington is far more deserving. This guy stole the show and it wasn't hard. Bale kind of over-acted, but it wasn't too bad. I mean, John Conner has a lot of issues and that whole "world on my shoulders" thing, but I liked him better when Nick Stahl played him in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines because he was less angst-y. But back to Sam Worthington. He was awesome and his fight scenes were kickass! Being half-robot and all-hot has its upsides.
Everyone else's acting was pretty good (other than Christian Bale's) and Helena Bonham Carter's little part was a very pleasant surprise. She is awesome. Bryce Dalla Howard's part as Kate Conner was actually a little disappointing. She was great for the entire five minutes that she was in the film. Moon Bloodgood had more screentime and she was a new character! Besides that, Kate Conner was preggo the whole time and there wasn't even a baby payoff in the end! I ask you, what ws the point? Anton Yelchin was really cute and even verging on good looking. He's had a hard few weeks going from outer space to post-Judgment Day, but he pulled it off well. (Get it? He was in Star Trek? I know, I'm a nerd.)
The movie as a whole was fantastic, though. The action was great and the story was perfect. I would have liked a little more drama when grown-up John Conner met his teenage father Kyle Reese, but it was just bad timing... I was actually very surprised when the movie ended. I was so engrossed that I wanted more. The ending was nice and wrapped-up with the possibility of another sequel, though. And we all know that Hollywood can't do just one movie. Sequels are all we see now-a-days. But I'm not really complaining, I love sequels.

Gorgeous Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: The Family Stone. This movie was very very good. I've never seen a movie before this that had an extreme amount of comedy and drama all at once. I was literally laughing and then crying only a minute later! It was perfectly balanced, though. Not too much of one or the other. Just good times all around.

Movies to see: Terminator: Salvation, Dance Flick, Night at the Museum 2, The Family Stone.

Trailer of the post: Sherlock Holmes! I'm so excited!! Guy Ritchie is amazing.



Name 7 Rachel McAdams: Red Eye, Mean Girls, The Notebook, The Family Stone, The Lucky Ones, Wedding Crashers, State of Play.

Rachel McAdams was in The Notebook with James Marsden who was in Hairspray with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #75 winner: Katie with Mrs. Henderson Presents!

QQ #76: name this Rachel McAdams movie:
"You're the only boy who makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time."

a. The Notebook
b. Hot Chick
c. The Family Stone
d. The Lucky Ones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Against, my better judgement...I'm saying A (it's seems too obvious though).

Kristina

Molly and Molly said...

hmmm, kristina is right A is too obvious. i know it's not c & i've never seen d. so i'm guessing B.

and i *knew* i was forgetting a funny story -- thanks for reminding me! i even watched the jeff dunham special last night & thought about it! my brains are turning to yoluctic (see below)

finally, you are not a nerd, because as i read your post and saw anton yelnic's name i thought "hey! he was in star trek!" so i totally laughed at your joke!

yoluctic (n): a jelly/yogurt type substance.