Monday, January 19, 2009

Marky-Mark

There are a lot of momentous happenings going on today, Tuesday the 20th of January. For one thing, I have to start school. While this sucks, I look forward to the future. This future includes a new President, but more importantly, new DVD releases.

City of Ember - A crazy kid movie that has something to do with a city underground. Dunno. Never saw it.

The Express - All I remember about this movie is that the first time I saw the preview, it brought me to tears. While I cry a lot and for little reason, this stuck with me. I couldn't convince anyone to see a dramatic movie in theaters (we usually stick to comedies, chick flicks, and gory violence) I will be getting this on Netflix to see if the preview can live up to the movie.

Igor - John Cusack is adorable. I love everything about him, including his voice. There was also a ton of other famous celebs donating their voice for this cute/funny movie, but I won't ruin it for you.

Max Payne - This movie had a pretty lame plot line, but the cinematography was beyond brilliant. It was something you should have seen in theaters though because it's only really cool when all the amazing-ness is blown up to ridiculous proportions.

Powerpuff Girls: Complete Series - I loved this show as a wee tot. I just thought I'd share.

Saw V - Of all the ridiculous movies that are trying to capitalize on Obama's Inauguration, Saw V? Are people still going to see these dumb movies? While I'll admit the intricate traps that kill people are cool, the plot lines go a little further downhill each movie (so by now they are in the Mantle of the Earth. That's right, the mantle. Google it). The worst part? I hear their signed on to make 2 more. Dumb.

A Funky Bunch of Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: The Happening. This movie got a lot of bad remarks (mostly from my parents, but what do they know?), but I found it intriguing. I love M. Night and his movies (the ones I've seen, anyway). The man is a genius and twists his audience around so many times that by the end you don't know which way is up and who really did it. And while it is slightly ridiculous that Marky-Mark and Zooey Deschanel could out run wind, I still loved this movie if only for the awesome writing (and the creepy suicide scenes).

Movies to see: The Express, Igor, Max Payne, Powerpuff Girls, and The Happening.

Again, no "trailer of the post", but I do have another sequel update. If I haven't told you people before, I will tell you now. The Italian Job is going to have a sequel. The name? The Brazilian Job. I'll let you make all the jokes for yourselves since I shouldn't have to (A Brazilian wax with a happy ending?). I know that was bad. So sue me (but don't really).

Name 7 Mark Wahlberg: Boogie Nights, Italian Job, Fear, I Heart Huckabees, Four Brothers, Perfect Storm, The Happening.

Mark Wahlberg was in The Departed with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #37 winner: Molly takes the lead with Rush Hour 2! How did you get that one? I thought it was going to be a toughy. Don't worry, Katie, you can catch back up!

Quote Quiz #38: Name this Marky-Mark movie:
"If we're going to die, I want you to know something. I was in the pharmacy a while ago. There was a really good-looking pharmacist behind the counter. Really good-looking. I went up and asked her where the cough syrup was. I didn't even have a cough, and I almost bought it. I'm talking about a completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup, which costs like six bucks."

a. The Happening
b. The Perfect Storm
c. Boogie Nights
d. Planet of the Apes

Post Script: Say 'hi' to your motha for me, okay?

2 comments:

KT80 said...

haha! I've actually seen this one. it's a) the happening. we are back to a tie!

Molly and Molly said...

damn it! katie beat me, but it doesn't matter, my guess would've been wrong. (i thought c. i have seen 0 of those movies)

i laughed out loud at your link, you crack me up everytime! is your family in anaphylactic shock from the cardinals winning? sunday blew my mind. good luck watching the super bowl with your parents. i predict it will go like this:

*cardinals doing bad* Uncle Jim says "SHIT!! they suck!!" Aunt Beth says "JIM! Stop being so NEGATIVE" Everyone else sits quietly and waits for it to pass.