Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ryan Reynolds

Before embarking on this post, I would like to draw your attention to the newest show on TNT, Leverage. This show has been described as "better than the last two Ocean's movies" which is a little harsh, but quite the understatement. Instead of two movies, we get weekly installments of this awesome thief/hero show. I suggest you partake either online or every Tuesday on TNT. If you do, you'll get a lovely gift. Namely, Christian Kane:



Movies out on DVD today:

Mamma Mia! - I'm sorry, but this is a must have for everyone: man, woman, gay, straight, etc. I especially love the commercials I've been seeing promoting the DVD release. They go a little something like this: Be a man, buy her Mamma Mia! Short, sweet and to the point.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - What's better than Jet Li or Brendan Fraser? Jet Li AND Brendan Fraser AND Maria Bello! While that kid of theirs is way annoying, the movie was pretty good considering the low expectations I had for it. However, the commercials promoting the DVD say that Roger Ebert says it's the best Mummy yet. This, my friends, is a bold-faced lie. The Mummy Returns is the best followed closely by The Mummy and this one comes up in a resounding 3rd. In fact, the other two lapped it when it drove off the bridge into the hot lava. (Props to you if you know what I'm talking about. Few ever do.)

Little Mermaid Trilogy - Everyone should own at least the first Little Mermaid in the even that you have children someday. This is because the Little Mermaid is awesome and the other two movies following are fun to watch if not simply because of Sabastian. He is, by far, the coolest talking crab I know.

Recently viewed movies:

Breakfast at Tiffany's - While I'm not one for old movies (especially in black and white, they're just boring), this movie was rather entertaining. This could be because there was a gaggle of girls whispering (or in Beauchamp's case, shouting) over the movie so all I had to go on was their summary of the end and watching Audrey Hepburn be a babe.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (08) - This movie was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I even tricked my good friend Diana into going (who generally dislikes Sci-Fi movies) and even she liked it. That goes to show you that I have good taste in movies (most of the time). Other than that how cool everything was, the most beautiful sight I've ever seen happened to take place about three quarters of the way in. Giants Stadium was destroyed. I can only hope that fictional Eli Manning and all his other DBs (douche-bags) were in there as well. That's what you get for winning the superbowl! Don't let it happen again.

Sense & Sensibility - I have to say that enjoying a performance by Alan Rickman is the norm, but actually liking his character is a little weird. Besides that Hugh Grant was adorable, Kate Winslet beautiful as always, and Hugh Laurie hilarious. Emma Thomson is cool, too.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Chaos Theory. While this movie was only out in theaters briefly and the DVD wasn't advertised ever, this is a Ryan Reynolds classic! It is hilarious, but with a tragic twist. This is a classic Drama-dy, but with more emphasis on the Comedy. So a Comrama. I like it.

Movies to see: Sense & Sensibility, The Day the Earth Stood Still (08), Chaos Theory, Mummy 3, Mamma Mia!, Little Mermaid Trilogy.

Trailer of the Post: You may be wondering where I came up with the Ryan Reynolds theme. Well the previews for The Day the Earth Stood Still were three very awesome movies: Star Trek, Terminator Salvation and... X-Men Origins: Wolverine!!!! And since I'd just recently done Hugh Jackman, I picked the next best actor in this new amazing movie. Katie, you'd better run and get Sarah for this one. Prepare for two and a half minutes of utter joy.




Uh... yeah! Does this movie not look spectacular?! Talk about Sexiest Man of the Year!

Name 7 Ryan Reynolds: Blade Trinity, Waiting, Smokin’ Aces, The In Laws, Chaos Theory, Definitely Maybe, Amityville Horror.

Ryan Reynolds was in Chaos Theory with Stuart Townsend who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #27 & #28: Katie! You were right the first comment. It was 10 Things I Hate About You for the first and Casanova for the second. Don't doubt your skills, you're almost as good as me haha.

Quote Quiz #29: Name this Ryan Reynolds movie:
"With women, there are really only two options. Either she doesn't sleep with you and there's really no reason to ever call her again. Or she does sleep with you... and there's really no reason to ever call her again."

a. Chaos Theory
b. Waiting...
c. Van Wilder
d. Just Friends

1 comment:

KT80 said...

That trailer was awesome! Woo!

I pick Waiting... for the quote quiz.