Thursday, December 11, 2008

Heath Ledger

Well, I wanted to wait for people to comment on last week's post, but apparently there was some sort of "problem" posting comments, but seeing as Katie and I were able to post, those people (Katrina) probably have a problem in their head! haha

Tuesday's DVDs:

Dark Knight - This is very exciting for those Christian Bale Lovers out there, but I'm sure others will agree that Heath Ledger is much more interesting. This, unfortunately, isn't a must have for me. I'm going to wait until there's some sort of Box Set of Batmans before I venture out to buy anything. However, I did love this movie and if you haven't seen it you need to come out of that rock you've been living under and partake in the majesty that is The Joker.

Horton Hears a Who - Jim Carrey is amazing, even in voice form. I saw this hilarious child's movie twice (because I'm awesome, that's why) and I have to say that Katie was the defining character for this movie. So when you see it, keep an eye out for this cutie, she'll have you doubled over in fits of hilarity:


Movies out tomorrow: I was convinced that Yes Man was out this week, but alas, it's not until the 19th. At least you'll know what next week's will be about!

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Keanu Reeves is always type-cast as that dude with no emotion. I love it. He probably thinks he's being serious too, which makes it all the better. This movie looks cool special-effects wise. I don't know anything about the plot, but I'm sure it's a winner with Keanu Reeves... haha.

Delgo - Some stupid kid's movie about lizards or something. It actually looks to be too complicated for a simple kid's movie. The storyline is really intricate from what I gathered from the preview. But we all know kids are just amused by the colors.

Nothing Like the Holidays - This looks like a fairly interesting/funny movie about a family of Mexicans or Spanish people and craziness ensuing during the holidays. Honestly, I only want to see it because John Leguizamo and Debra Messing are married in it. Awesome.

Goodies!

Underrated Movie of the Post: Brothers Grimm. While I'm not a very big fan of Matt Damon, Heath Ledger as the nerdy brother makes it all worth while (also Matt Damon is a big jerk so he makes you love Heath Ledger even more). Also, this movie is about (obviously) the Grimm Brothers' fables and such so it's fun to pick out the stuff you know. And 300's and TV's Sarah Conner Lena Headey is in it and she's kickass.

Movies to see: Nothing Like the Holidays, Dark Knight, Horton Hears a Who, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Brothers Grimm.

Recently viewed movie of the post: Snow White: A Tale of Terror. Just from the title you can imagine how horrendous this movie was. I'm fairly certain it was a straight to TV movie. It stars Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) as the father, Sigourney Weaver (Alien) as the evil stepmother/witch, but the best part was David Conrad (the hot husband on Ghost Whisperer). Unfortunately, this story went with the original Snow White and not the Disney version so David Conrad (who was the doctor/prince) was shoved out of a window and Snow White ended up with one the "seven rejects" (only one was a dwarf) who was pretty fine as well. All in all this movie had a lot of problems, but I've already written more than I thought I would on it.

Trailer of the post: First look at the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus





Name 7 Heath Ledger: Brokeback Mountain, 10 Things I Hate About You, Monster’s Ball, Candy, Patriot, Dark Knight, Lords of Dogtown.

Heath Ledger was in Monster's Ball with Halle Berry who was in Swordfish with Hugh Jackman who was in Kate & Leopold with Meg Ryan who was in In the Cut with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps. There's probably a shorter way, but I go with the most interesting. So there.

Quote Quiz #26 winner: technically Katrina never posted an answer, but she told me verbally what she thought it was. Since Katie posted the wrong answer, I'm going to have to give it to Katrina with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. She's so far behind in the Quote Quiz Scores that she needs all the help she can get haha.

Quote Quiz #27: Name this Heath Ledger movie.
"Ooh, see that, there. Who needs affection when I have blind hatred?"

a. Casanova
b. 10 Things I Hate About You
c. Lords of Dogtown
d. A Knight's Tale

I love Heath Ledger so much that I'm presenting you with yet another Quote Quiz only this one is more intellectual rather than funny like the first. Enjoy

Quote Quiz #28: "To say I love falsely is as contradictory as to say I believe falsely."

a. Casanova
b. 10 Things I Hate About You
c. Candy
d. A Knight's Tale

2 comments:

KT80 said...

b for the first, a for the second. both great movies :)

KT80 said...

ack, crap, i meant d for the second