Thursday, December 4, 2008

Alan Rickman

Movies out on DVD last Tuesday:

Chronic-(what?!)-cles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - The only good part of this movie is the fact that Prince Caspian is hot and Peter (the blond boy from the first one) grew up to be a hottie as well. The best part is that this movie falls in the Bermuda Triangle of genres. It's a little too childish for adults to enjoy, but it's also too gruesome and war-y for small children. Plus, James McAvoy isn't in it.

Step Brothers - This movie is being coined on the TV as the "funniest film of the year". That is a bold-faced lie. Role Models was better. But this one was alright for yet another Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly movie.

Wanted - BEST ACTION MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!! Unlike Transporter 3, this movie has killer action, superb gun fights, James McAvoy AND a plot line! Needless to say, I've got this sucker on hold at Suncoast and plan to pick it up while Christmas shopping next week. I usually buy myself something as a reward for all of my hard work shopping for people.

X-Files: I Want To Believe - Who doesn't love David Duchovny? I was too young and too scared to watch the TV show, but perhaps I will partake now that I'm older. Just so long as I watch it during the day. Aliens freak me out.

Nothing of consequence comes out in theaters this week. We've got:

Nobel Son - Alan Rickman and Bryan Greenberg play father and son (I'll let you guess who plays what). The dad wins the Nobel Prize and his kid gets abducted and ransomed for his winnings. Although I love both Rickman and Greenberg, this isn't something that is going to make me jump off the couch to see it. Sorry boys.

Cadillac Records - I have no idea what this movie is about. I do know that it is set back in time a bit and it stars Adrien Brody and Beyonce (aka Sasha Fierce). Again, though I love Brody, it's not going to happen.

Punisher: War Zone - This movie DOES NOT star Thomas Jane and John Travolta from the original Punisher so I am boycotting it on principle. Even though those guys probably opted out of the sequel, I'm still loyal to the original. You can't get any better than Rebecca Romijn and Ben Foster.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Galaxy Quest. I know very few people who have seen this AWESOME movie, but those who have like it a lot. It's a parody of Star Trek where the TV actors in the show end up in outer space with real aliens and real bad guys! Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Justin Long, and Tony Shalhoub.

Movies to see: Role Models, Step Brothers, Wanted, Nobel Son and the original Punisher.

Trailer of the post: 17 Again. Katrina clued me in to this "gem". I'm conflicted.



While I love Matthew Perry and support him in all he does, I'm still not in love with Zac Efron and feel he has not yet earned street cred. However, from this preview he may just earn it. I'm not going to lie: I laughed... a lot.

Name 7 Alan Rickman: Dogma, Harry Potter, Die Hard, Sense and Sensibility, Sweeney Todd, Nobel Son, Galaxy Quest.

Alan Rickman was in Love Actually with Colin Firth who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #25 winner: Katrina with her first win! It was indeed X-Men 3. Although Katie was right in that Someone Like You is a great movie, it is in fact incorrect in this respect.

Quote Quiz #26: Name this Alan Rickman film.
"What a beautiful child. So young, so alive, so unaware of how precarious life can be. I had a very sad childhood, I'll tell you about it sometime. I never knew my parents; it's amazing I'm sane."

a. Love Actually
b. Galaxy Quest
c. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
d. Snow Cake

2 comments:

Ashley Skelnik said...

I don't know why everyone is having problems posting comments. If that is indeed the truth....

KT80 said...

i'm going with d because it's the only one i haven't seen and i used process of elimination.

and 17 again looks hil-AR-ious! yay for matthew perry!