Monday, July 11, 2011

2 in 1: Michael Clarke Duncan and Ben Foster

Movies out Friday

Horrible Bosses - Three guys plan on killing the others' bosses. (I love a majority of the actors in this movie, but I'm not sure I can get past the stupid plot... It looks too dumb to be funny.)

The Ledge - A married woman's husband forces her lover to commit suicide or else he'll kill her. (This looks super intense and amazing and I really want to see it!)

Zookeeper - Kevin James can talk to animals. (Ridiculous. But strangely I wouldn't mind seeing it...)


DVDs out Tomorrow

Insidious - A little boy is haunted and his parents try to figure out how to save him. (Ghosts = bad news. No thanks.)

The Lincoln Lawyer - A smarmy lawyer takes on a case that may be too twisted for him. (Matthew McConaughey = annoying. No thanks.)


Giant Goodies and Strangely Awesome Goodies


Underrated movies of the post:
The Island. A secluded location houses clones that are harvested for their body parts. (Even though MCD wasn't a main star in this movie, he was super precious in it and I love him.)
Pandorum. A man wakes up in a spaceship that holds a bunch of dead people and one killer. (This movie was really REALLY twisted and completely awesome.)


Movies to see:
The Ledge, Zookeeper, The Island, Pandorum


Trailers of the post: Looks Amazing!

Flypaper. One man is caught in the middle of two bank robberies and has to try to keep everyone alive. (This looks absolutely hilarious and I can't wait to see it!)



One Day. Brief snapshots of two people's lives seen every year on the same day they met in college. (The plot of this sounds absolutely brilliant and I'm very intrigued to see how it all plays out.)




Name 7 MCD:
The Island, Green Mile, Sin City, Scorpion King, Whole Nine Yards, Daredevil, Armageddon


Name 7 Ben Foster:
Alpha Dog, X Men 3, 30 Days of Night, Punisher, Hostage, 3:10 to Yuma, Pandorum


Kevin Bacon Games:
MCD was in The Green Mile with Tom Hanks who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps
Ben Foster was in The Mechanic with Donald Southerland who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps


QQ #277 winner:
Me with X Men 2! That's 3 in a row! You guys better step it up!


QQ #278: name this MCD movie:
"I am not crazy! I'm just a little emotional right now, okay? Ya'll throwing all this stuff at me, man! Look, I mean, after this is over, can I like get a hug from you or something?"

a. The Green Mile
b. The Island
c. Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby
d. Armageddon


QQ #279: name this Ben Foster movie:
"You are insignificant. You are a coward. You are a great disappointment to your mother and I! Yes, die die die! I am the most amazing person in the world!"

a. Alpha Dog
b. The Punisher
c. The Mechanic
d. Hostage

2 comments:

molly mouse said...

I'm going to go with D. and A. Also, I heard that the plot of Horrible Bosses is just silly enough to keep you from being horrified that people want to kill their bosses. Plus - CHARLIE DAY! How can you not want to see a movie with charlie day!?


p.s. when I started typing, i didn't have my fingers on home row, so it looked like this: "u;n giubg ti gu utg d" and i laughed out loud. next time i will write the whole comment like that & let you decipher it

KT80 said...

I'm guessing B. For both. Because I literally have no idea. lol