Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 in 1: Carla Gugino and Kate Hudson

Movies out Friday

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - The long awaited resolution to the epic finally arrives. (I still can't believe I haven't seen it yet! But then again, part of me isn't even that excited. I think after 10 years, I've become Harry-Pottered-out right at the moment when I shouldn't be. Weird...)

Winnie the Pooh - Pooh and the gang get into more trouble as they search for Christopher Robin, who isn't lost. (I don't know who's idea it was to release on the same weekend of HP7.5 but they aren't the smartest. Not the smartest by far.)

DVDs out Today

Limitless - A guy takes a pill that allows him to use his entire brain instead of just the 10% and stuff happens. (I never got around to seeing this because it seems like Bradley Cooper ends up being a total ass and I really don't like movies where the protagonist is someone you don't want to root for.)

Take Me Home Tonight - A guy who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life goes to party and pretends to be successful, but things don't go as planned. (I love me some Topher Grace! And Anna Faris too! This movie is a winner and I haven't even seen it.)


Ridiculously Cool Goodies and Meh... Goodies


Underrated movies of the post:
Sin City. Frank Miller's graphic novel comes to life with blood, gore, and scantily clad women. (Even though she was only in the movie for five minutes, I just remember thinking she was so much cooler than the spy mom in Spy Kids. I've had my eye on her ever since.)

Alex and Emma. A man with writer's block has to hire a stenographer to help him write a book in 30 days or Cuban gangsters will kill him. (This is one of my all-time favorites. It's cute, it's about writing a book, and it has Luke Wilson before he got all weird. Also, it's one of the few films that I can actually stand Kate Hudson. So there you go.)


Movies to see:
HP7.5, Limitless, Take Me Home Tonight, Sin City, Alex and Emma


Trailers of the post

Our Idiot Brother. Paul Rudd is the black sheep and takes turns ruining the lives of his three sisters. (This looks simultaneously amazing and terrible. I can't wait to see it.)



Shark Night 3D. Is a one-sentence summary really necessary with a title like that? (Y.E.S!!!)




Name 7 Carla Gugino:
Watchmen, Spy Kids, Race to Witch Mountain, Night at the Museum, The Unborn, Faster, Women in Trouble


Name 7 Kate Hudson:
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, My Best Friend's Girl, Fool's Gold, Almost Famous, Gossip, Raising Helen, Bride Wars


QQ #278 and #279 winners:
Molly wins with Armageddon and Katie wins with The Punisher!


QQ #280: name this Carla G movie:
"Yeah, well so did Quasimodo, look where it got him..."

a. Watchmen
b. Faster
c. Race to Witch Mountain
d. Women in Trouble


QQ #281: name this Kate Hudson movie:
"Well I would kick you in the dick, but my foot might get Herpes."

a. Something Borrowed
b. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
c. Almost Famous
d. My Best Friend's Girl

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

C. and A. yay i won one!

i'm worried for your health RE: HP un-enthusiasm. eek.

i really want to see Our Idiot Brother. i'm hoping our indie theatre with a bar will show it. drinks + paul rudd = happy molly

TOOOOOOMMMMMOOOOORRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWW