Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Patrick Dempsey

DVDs out December 17

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - Some cartoon owls come under attack and a bunch of misfits have to go find the legendary Owls of Ga'Hoole to save them. (No thanks. Although the trailer did introduce me to the kickass song by 30 Seconds to Mars "Kings and Queens." So I guess it was good for something.)

The Town - Ben Affleck is a part of a gang of bank robbers, but he falls in love with one of the hostages they take and tries to get away from it all with her. (This looks rather good, surprisingly. I learned from Gone Baby Gone that Ben Affleck is a decent director so I'm looking forward to seeing if this one holds up.)

DVDs out December 21

Devil - Five strangers are stuck on an elevator, trapped by the devil himself, as a cop races to save them before they are taken out one by one. (This was a decent movie. M Night Shyamalan is hit or miss, but I still have a soft spot for him. He's a great story-teller.)

Easy A - A teenage girl is accidentally branded a slut, but uses it to her advantage to gain popularity until everything begins to fall apart. (This was a stellar movie. The writing was kickass as well as the acting. Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson really steal the show.)

Step Up 3D - A dance group must win a competition to save their house where they all live because they are pretty much homeless. (Like the previous movies, this one is pretty much ridiculous and over-dramatized to the highest degree. Which is exactly why I went to see it. Dancing saves lives, guys. For reals.)

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - Gordon Gekko is out of jail and back to his old tricks with his daughter's new boyfriend along for the ride. (This movie reeks of douche-baggery and I staunchly refused to see it.)

Movies out December 22

Little Fockers - Ben Stiller and his cast of amazing actors return to take on more family mishaps that would never happen in real life and then added kids. (I really am not a fan of these movies, but I have to admit that I kind of wanted to see this one. I'm not sure why.)

True Grit - A young girl hires a bounty hunter to track down the man that killed her father in the old west. (I've heard some pretty great reviews, but the Coen Brothers are really hit or miss for me. I guess I'll just have to take the chance.)

DVDs out December 28

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Milla Jovovich tracks down the "haven" promised over the radio in the previous movies only to find that it doesn't exist and she still has to save Ali Larter's ass. (I freaking love these movies and I plan on purchasing them all. They are just the right amount of scary + awesome.)

Twelve - Chase Crawford is a drug-dealer with a huge crush on a normal girl and tries to get out of the game. (You had me at Chase Crawford.)

McGoodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Can't Buy Me Love. A nerdy Patrick Dempsey pays the popular girl in school to pretend to be his girlfriend so he will be popular. (Prostitution in the 80s has never been so good.)

Movies to see:
The Town, Devil, Easy A, Little Fockers, True Grit, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Twelve, Can't Buy Me Love.

Trailers of the post: Kids movies

Mars Needs Moms. A kid has to travel to Mars to save his mother after aliens come to Earth and steal them all. (This looks utterly stupid.)



Hop. A bunny playing the drums. (I have no idea what this is about. But I like it already.)



Prom. Chronicling some teenage drama leading up to Prom. (If there is one thing I don't want to relive, it's high school during Prom season. Pass.)



Name 7 Patrick Dempsey:
Enchanted, Made of Honor, Loverboy, Lucky 7, Sweet Home Alabama, Scream 3, Valentine's Day.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Patrick Dempsey was in Made of Honor with Michelle Monaghan who was in North Country with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

QQ #224 winner:
Katie starts her own streak with Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. What a terrible movie.

QQ #225: name this Patrick Dempsey movie:
"I'm sorry I can't break that rule. I have a rule about that."

a. Enchanted
b. Valentine's Day
c. Sweet Home Alabama
d. Made of Honor

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I know it's not Enchanted or Sweet Home Alabama, and I'm pretty sure it's not Valentine's Day, so I'll go with the movie I haven't seen, Made of Honor. Which, by the way, looked like it was almost as bad as Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist.

Molly and Molly said...

GAH! I was going to guess Made of Honor. So I'll guess Enchanted, even though Katie seems pretty sure of herself.

<333333333333333333 i miss your ridiculous self.