Thursday, December 16, 2010

Michael Cera

Movies out today

How Do You Know - Reese Witherspoon is conflicted because she's never sure she's in love. (I love this cast and I know it's going to be hilarious. I just know it!)

The Fighter - Marky-Mark and a creepy Christian Bale are brothers in this boxing movie based on a true Cinderella Story. (I love Marky-Mark and Amy Adams, but boxing movies don't do it for me. Plus, I've already looked up the ending on Wikipedia.)

The Tempest - Shakespeare's classic is redone with today's superior technology and an awesome cast. (As much as I dislike Shakespeare, I may go see this simply because Helen Mirran is a crazy ass.)

TRON: Legacy - A sexy, sexy man must enter a digital world to solve the mystery of his father's disappearance. (I have been freaking PUMPED for this movie ever since I heard it was being made! And then I nearly peed my pants when I found out Garrett Hedlund would star in it. So, yeah. I'm going to see it.)

Yogi Bear - A talking bear with a penchant for picnic baskets harasses people in a national park. (This is ridiculous. I didn't like the cartoon and I'm sure as hell not going to see the live action.)

Awkwardly Adorable Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. A boy must defeat a girl's seven evil exes before he can date her safely. (This movie isn't underrated, at least it shouldn't be, but I freaking loved it! I know it's been out on DVD for a while, but I really do plan on buying it someday and watching it seven times in a row or until I die of happiness.)

Movies to see:
How Do You Know, The Tempest, TRON: Legacy, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.

Trailers of the post: Action

Kill the Irishman. A tough Irish guy takes on the mob in the 1950s. (There are so many awesome actors and explosions that I may go out of my way to see this one.)



Battle: Los Angeles. What looks to be a standard war movie only with the twist that we're pitted against aliens. (I'm not entirely convinced that this will be good, especially after I was supremely let down with Skyline, but I'll give it a shot if only for the awesome action.)



Name 7 Michael Cera:
Juno, Superbad, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, Year One, Paper Heart, Youth in Revolt, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Michael Cera was in Scott Pilgrim vs The World with Mary Elizabeth Winstead who was in Die Hard 4 with Bruce Willis who was in 12 Monkeys with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps.

QQ #223 winner:
Katie interrupts my streak with Forgetting Sarah Marshall!

QQ #224: name this Michael Cera movie:
"You don't know what it's like to be straight, guys. It's really hard."

a. Superbad
b. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
c. Youth in Revolt
d. Scott Pilgrim vs The World

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

um c. maybe? seriously, where are you?

KT80 said...

I'm pretty sure it's b. Yay for breaking your streak!