Thursday, July 15, 2010

Luke Wilson Squared

DVDs out Tuesday (13th)

The Bounty Hunter - This movie had its funny moments, but it's definitely not one I plan on buying. Plus, Gerard Butler is only hot with his accent.

The Greatest - I really wanted to see this but it never came to AZ!!! Now it's on Instant Queue and I'm going to watch it asap. I know that it's going to be amazing. I just know it!!

Our Family Wedding - There's nothing like a heart-warming family comedy based on two races that cannot get along. Yay for discrimination! Stupid.

Movies out Friday (16th)

Inception - I'm super excited about this movie. I still have only a vague idea of what it is about, but that doesn't really matter. What does matter? Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, and crazy awesome special effects!!

Adorably Hot Goodies

Underrated movies of the post:
Henry Poole is Here. I doubt many of you have seen this movie, but I have to say that it was very VERY good. It wasn't in theaters that I know of (it may have been limited to LA/NY) but when I got it on Netflix I was pleasantly surprised. I suggest you watch the trailer and decide for yourself. but know that I will give you more cool points if you see it and appreciate it as I do.
My Super Ex-Girlfriend. I know this movie is really really awful, but it had some pretty hilarious parts and Eddie Izzard is in it. Who needs more than that on a lazy Sunday afternoon?

Movies to see:
The Greatest, Inception, Henry Poole is Here, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Trailers of the post: Dramas that could be cute?

Somewhere. The plot isn't really defined in this trailer. It's just a montage of stuff. But I get the sense that it's about a father-daughter relationship and I'm down for that. I like heart-warming stories about bad guys who end up being good dads.



Jack Goes Boating. I'm not a big fan of Philip Seymour Hoffman, but this movie has potential. Also, he directs which could bring up his cool level if it turns out to be any good.



Name 14 Luke Wilson:
Bottle Rocket, Home Fries, Anchorman, Legally Blonde, Family Stone, Henry Poole is Here, Charlie's Angels, Vacancy, The Big Bounce, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Blue Streak, Royal Tenenbaums, Old School, Battle for Terra.

Kevin Bacon Game (twice):
Luke Wilson was in Charlie's Angels with Lucy Liu who was in Chicago with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.
Luke Wilson was (also) in Bottle Rocket with Owen Wilson who was in Marley & Me with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #181 winner:
Molly with Transformers! 2 in a row way to go!

QQ #182: name this Luke Wilson movie:
"Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho."

a. Old School
b. Royal Tenenbaums
c. My Super Ex-Girlfriend
d. Idiocracy

QQ #183: name this (other) Luke Wilson movie:
"I don't know what to do to show you how much I love you. I only have words. That's all I have."

a. Henry Poole is Here
b. Alex & Emma
c. The Royal Tenenbaums
d. The Family Stone

3 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

hmmmm, let's go with D. for the first one and B. for the second one.

i had a wonderful lunch with you, thanks for hanging out with me 3 times this week!!

untel (adv?): to describe the passage of time (?) "I can't wait untel I see you again."

[I know, English Major, that was a very poor showing of my grammar skills]

KT80 said...

Well, since Molly chose D and then B, I'll go with B and then D ; )

Molly and Molly said...

you know what?! I was right for the first one! I (regrettably) say Idiocracy the other day & I guessed right! woot