Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nicolas Cage, Part 2

DVDs out Tuesday

Night at the Museum 2 - Just as entertaining as the first and worth seeing at least once. If you loved the first then you'll love this one too.

Paper Heart - This one's on my Netflix queue already. I love Michael Cera and that Charlyne Yi girl is funny in all of her awkwardness.

Terminator: Salvation - The special effects, explosions, and action were great and everything else was pretty dumb. What was great was all the promotions and commercials advertising Christian Bale, but he was hardly in it. It basically starred Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin which, in my opinion, is far better than watching Christian Bale scream for two hours.

Movies out Friday

Armored - Looks pretty dumb. I might have seen it if I knew Milo Ventimiglia had a bigger part. But apparently he's shot in the beginning and half-dead throughout. That's not enough to negate Matt Dillon being a douche.

Brothers - Extremely reminiscent of Pearl Harbor (one guy "dies" and his friend/brother bangs his girlfriend/widow). That and there's the one guy we dislike (Affleck/Maguire) and the other that's super hot (Hartnett/Gyllenhaal) and the babe they fight over (Beckinsale/Portman). I'll probably see it.

Everybody's Fine - This movie looks cute and I'll probably go and see it. I really like all the people in it and it's always funny to watch Robert DeNiro after seeing all of the impressions people do of him.

Transylmania - This looks dumb. Super dumb.

Stoic Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Rock. Great, great movie! Action-packed and thrilling and full of so many twists and turns you won't know which way is up!

Movies to see:
Paper Heart, Night at the Museum 2, Brothers, Everybody's Fine, and The Rock.

Trailers of the post: Getting Cage-y.

Season of the Witch. Looks super creepy. Not sure yet if it's fictional enough for me to go see. It is a scary movie after all.



Kick-Ass. I may see it based just on the title.



Name 7 Nicolas Cage:
The Ant Bully, Raising Arizona, Family Man, The Rock, National Treasure, World Trade Center, Knowing.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Nicolas Cage was in Knowing with Rose Byrne who was in Troy with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #122 winner:
Kristina takes it again with Six Days, Seven Nights.

QQ #123: Name this Nic Cage movie:
"Well, I get lucky a lot..."

a. Matchstick Men
b. National Treasure 2
c. Family Man
d. The Rock

3 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

Hmmmm, i think maybe Matchstick Men, but then I can hear him saying it really cheesey-like and of course, National Treasure is the cheesiest movie of EVER, so....
I guess National Treasure 2.

Kristina said...

Must be nice not actually doing work Molly....you stole my answer and that is NOT acceptable :)

Molly and Molly said...

what i do on my lunchtime is my own business, thankyouverymuch. besides, you're the one always answering mid-day with your fancy internet phone. give us normal people a chance!