Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow and Liam Neeson

I have no excuse for my absence. School's out, work's not in the way, family's no crazier than usual. Just no excuse. To make up for it and my pending absence on Tuesday, I give you a double post.

DVDs out Tuesday (the 15th)

The Hangover (!!!!) - Hands-down winner of the Best Comedy of 2009. I dare you to find a better one. It would be Best Movie of 2009 if Star Trek hadn't been so freaking awesome.

Inglourious Basterds - An equally awesome movie. The writing walked the thin line between disturbing and funny but leaned more to the funny side. Plus, the blood and gore was great.

Taking Woodstock - I haven't seen it...yet. And that's a big yet. I plan on moving it to the top of my queue right now, in fact.

Movies out Friday (the 18th)

Up in the Air - I'm not a huge fan of George Clooney, but this movie has the potential to be interesting. I've been on a Dark Comedy kick lately...

Avatar - I'm not going to lie, giant blue people are pretty cool. But even more cool? Sam Worthington and Giovanni Ribisi. Babes.

Did You Hear About the Morgans? - "I did! Did you?" - Sarah Jessica Parker, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Classic. Cheesy, but classic. I wanna see it, I don't care.

Seriously? Apple? Goodies and Simply Bad-ass Goodies

Underrated movies of the post:
View From the Top. A hilarious comedy about being a flight attendant. Really good and worth watching. I assure you.
Star Wars Episode I. While no where near being as awesome as the originals, this one wasn't as bad as Episodes II and III. Mostly because Hayden Christensen wasn't in it.

Movies to see:
The Hangover, Inglourious Basterds, Taking Woodstock, Up in the Air, Avatar, Did You Hear About the Morgans? and View from the Top.

Trailers of the post: Awesome-ness.

Iron Man 2. Holy jeez!



Clash of the Titans. Are you f-ing kidding me?! This is going to be beautiful!



Shrek Forever After. The news just keeps getting better and better!



The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Color me intrigued. Another movie where Nicolas Cage shows little to no emotion? I'm shocked beyond words.



Name 7 Gwyneth Paltrow:
Bounce, Iron Man, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Running with Scissors, View From the Top, Royal Tenenbaums, Shakespeare in Love.

Name 7 Liam Neeson:
Schindler’s List, Les Miserables, Star Wars 1, Batman Begins, Love Actually, Shining Through, Taken.

Kevin Bacon Games:
Gwyneth Paltrow was in Se7en with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
Liam Neeson was in Love Actually with Colin Firth who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #124 winner:
Diana with Dogma!

QQ #125: Name this Gwyneth Paltrow movie:
"I think we're just gonna to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that."

a. View From the Top
b. The Royal Tenenbaums
c. Running with Scissors
d. Shakespeare in Love

QQ #126: Name this Liam Neeson movie:
"You are not what you were born, but what you have it in yourself to be."

a. Kingdom of Heaven
b. Star Wars Episode I
c. Les Misérables
d. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

Oh hell yes! I'm here first! I get the cream of the crop pickins!

Um: I'm thinking either Royal Tenebaums or Running with Scissors, but she's wierder in Tenebaums, so i pick that.

Although I've never seen Kingdom of Heaven, it sounds like a quote that would come from that movie, so i go with that as well.

Woot! Enjoy Vegas :)

P.S. What goes better with "delicous"? "Canada" "The Spanish Inquisition" or "Matifev" (which is today's word verification"

Kristina said...

Since that lil bugger took both my answers, I'll go with C. for Gwyneth and D. for Liam