Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Julia Roberts

Sorry, I've been gone (like you've even noticed), but here is a super large post to make up for it.

DVDs out Tuesday September 29th

Away We Go - This was a fantastic movie and I want to buy it as soon as possible. John Krasinski was the perfect man and Maya Rudolph was so adorable! I love it!

Management - I never saw this one, but my aunt swears by it. Apparently Steve Zahn is obsessed with Jennifer Aniston's ass. Who wouldn't be?

Monsters vs. Aliens - See this movie! I don't care how old you are or how you feel about kiddie movies. I demand that you see it!

Movies out Friday October 2nd

The Invention of Lying - I love Ricky Gervais and there are apparently a million cameos from a bunch of awesome actors. I liked Ghost Town so I'm sure I'm going to love this movie. And plus, he directs so it's going to be double-awesome!

Whip It! - This is an amazing, amazing movie! Drew Barrymore directs for the first time and she does a brilliant job. The acting is superb and the story is fantastic and I've run out of adjectives for "awesome"! Go see it. You won't be disappointed.

Zombieland - Does anyone, ANYONE want to see this? Because I really REALLY want to and apparently I'm the only one. Who wouldn't want to see a comedy about killing zombies? Shaun of the Dead? Hello!
DVDs out Today

My Life in Ruins - I never got the chance to see this one, but I wouldn't mind. I really like Nia Vardalos' movies. They're not great, but they're cute, feel-good movies.

Year One - This movie was a good as you can imagine. I laughed all the way through at the ridiculous antics and all the hilarious one-liners. Michael Cera was brilliant once again and I think it would be safe to say that he stole the show from Jack Black.

Mouthful of Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Mexican. I love this movie and I love Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts' chemistry. It's funny, cute, and the story is pretty cool for a romantic comedy. I like it, I like it a lot.

Movies to see:
Away We Go, Monsters vs. Aliens, The Invention of Lying, Whip It, Zombieland, My Life in Ruins, Year One and The Mexican.

Trailers of the post: Dramas both cute and intense.

Valentine's Day. A standard chick flick.



Shutter Island. A little too intense for me, but Diana says she's gonna make me see it. I'm not so sure about it, though. Leonardo DiCaprio's hottness can only go so far.



Name 7 Julia Roberts:
Runaway Bride, Pretty Woman, Mystic Pizza, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Charlie Wilson’s War, Ocean’s 11, America’s Sweethearts.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Julia Roberts was in Ocean's 11 with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #108 winner:
Molly with Paycheck! That was a tricky one!

QQ #109: Name this Julia Roberts movie:
"You know what? For that matter, I'm an idiot, too! In that respect, we're actually quite perfect for each other."

a. The Mexican
b. America's Sweethearts
c. Ocean's 12
d. Closer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

America's Sweethearts

Yeah for you being back because I had something new to do today :)

Kristina

Molly and Molly said...

well, crap. I was going to say america's sweethearts. but i've learned my lesson about guessing what someone else guesses, so I officially say The Mexican.

also, i'm slightly saddened to see Jessica Alba here....