Sunday, October 18, 2009

Amy Poehler

Movies out Friday

Law Abiding Citizen - Gerard Butler is a badass and super awesome, but I really don't care for Jamie Foxx. He's rather annoying, in my opinion. So I wasn't planning on see this one because my dislike for Foxx outweighs my love for Butler. But after seeing the more recent previews, I'm thinking I might go and see it anyway. It'll probably only be an opportunity thing.

The Stepfather - I have a big fat crush on Penn Badgley and Sela Ward is really cool, but this is technically a scary movie and I'm not sure I'll go see it. Maybe once it's on DVD...

Where the Wild Things Are - Sure this is a classic children's book. Sure the special effects and cinematography looks amazing. Sure Mark Ruffalo is in it. But something about this movie is turning me off. I'm not sure what, but I just don't think I'm going to go see it. I know that seems like blasphemy or what have you, but I'm just not as excited as I apparently should be.

Hi-larious Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Baby Mama. We all know that the Fey/Poehler Combo is beyond brilliant. That makes this movie beyond brilliant PLUS! Because it also stars Steve Martin, Dax Shepard, Greg Kinnear and Sigourney Weaver. I call that pure, unadulterated magic. Comedy magic!

Movies to see:
(Maybe) Law Abiding Citizen, (maybe) Where the Wild Things Are, and (definitely) Baby Mama.

Trailers of the post: Kiddie movies.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. I know it's silly, but I do love the first Alvin movie (even though Jason Lee was a disappointment) and I'm excited for this one because I love The Chipettes!



Astro Boy. I wasn't originally interested in this movie, but after the latest preview, I'm re-thinking my original position.



Name 7 Amy Poehler:
Shrek 3, Baby Mama, The Ex, Southland Tales, Monsters vs Aliens, Horton Hears a Who, Blades of Glory.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Amy Poehler was in Shrek 3 with Cameron Diaz who was in Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #111 winner:
Kristina with Galaxy Quest! You other players better step up. She's on a pretty good roll...

QQ #112: Name this Amy Poehler movie:
"[to the flight attendant] Could I get a real bottle, please? I'm an alcoholic, not a Barbie doll."

a. The Ex
b. Hamlet 2
c. Mr. Woodcock
d. Blades of Glory

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My final answer is C. Mr Woodcock.

Sincerely,
Diana

Anonymous said...

I'm going with D. Blades of Glory

Kristina

Justin Lanham said...

The answer is Mr. Woodcock.

And can i say miss Skelnik that I'm disappointed in you! I though you had a good sense of movies. how I was wrong.

First, you completely blow off where the wild things are. For shame. lol But seriously Its a fantastic movie. the only problem i had with it is, in some parts of the film you can tell they tried to make a film out of a 10 sentence book. Otherwise i was blown away by the cinematography, the musical score, along with the acting and the entire movie captured imagination in such a great way it really takes you back to when you were a kid.

Secondly, baby mama... seriously? Granted Fey and Poehler have their moments on SNL, the whole movie was just mediocre at best.

Now i could understand your interest in astro boy... im provoked as well. But the chipmunks? the first movie was a horrible childrens movie. Its devoid of humor for the most part, and the acting by lee was horrible. Im actually shocked they are making a second one.

I still love you though <3 i miss you and cant wait to see you next :)

KT80 said...

I only have The Ex and Hamlet 2 to choose from, and since I haven't seen either, I'm going to go with The Ex. And I'm with you on the Wild Things and The Chipmunks. I haven't been interested in the former since the preview first came out but everyone I've talked to was crazy excited about it so I've kept quiet. It's nice to know someone else who loves movies isn't that interested either.
As for the Chipmunks, the Chipettes fully rock. =D