Friday, April 17, 2009

Brad Pitt

Movies out today:

17 Again - Alas, I will be seeing this movie tomorrow morning. So far, it's been getting mixed reviews. On one hand, all the American Idols say it's hilarious while Chelsea Lately thinks the plot is too overdone (i.e. 13 Going on 30, etc). While I agree with Chelsea and her crew, I am still going to see it if only for Matthew Perry and Leslie Mann.

Crank 2: High Voltage - Is ANYONE willing to see this movie with me? I forget who I went to see the first one with so I can't sucker them into seeing this... Jason Statham is awesome, Amy Smart is hilarious, and Dwight Yoakam is...well creepy, but the rest of the action-packed awesome-ness of the movie should be crazy!

State of Play - Some political conspiracy drama with Russell Crowe, Rachel McAdams, Helen Mirran and (if the political conspiracy part didn't throw you off completely) Ben Affleck. Gross.

Super Fine Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Troy. While this movie was exceedingly dumb and no where close to being accurate (relating to the epic by Homer The Iliad), there were tons of hunky men running around naked. Which is my kind of movie.

Movies to see: 17 Again (who knows?), Crank 2 (Please?!), and Troy (you know you want to).

Moves NOT to see: Adventureland. This movie was advertised to be funny and ALL of the funny parts were in the trailer. What does this leave? Drama out the wazzoo. And not even good drama. Remember when I said Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader, and Kristen Wiig were the reasons I went to see the movie? Ryan Reynolds plays a douche with absolutely NO funny lines, Kristen Wiig barely speaks and Bill Hader, while hilarious, wasn't in it long enough to counteract all the other bad-ness. So, in short, don't bother.

Trailers of the post: Here's Brad Pitt's: Inglourious Basterds. It. Looks. Amazing.



And here's something that I personally want to see: I Love You, Beth Cooper.



Name 7 Brad Pitt: Babel, 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Burn After Reading, The Mexican, True Romance, Sleepers.

Brad Pitt was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 1 step.

Quote Quiz #64 winners: Katie and Kristina with Chronicles of Riddick! I know I don't ever give out points to two people, but considering that post was specifically for Kristina it's only fair that I give her a point. And don't worry, you all will get posts dedicated to you in the future. I just need to figure out who you love the most...

Quote Quiz #65: Name this Brad Pitt movie:
"Pray to the gods. We may be meeting them soon."

a. Troy
b. 12 Monkeys
c. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
d. Seven Years in Tibet

4 comments:

KT80 said...

OK, so I dunno if you made it too esay on purpose, or what, but a) makes the most sense. So that's my guess :)

And see this dedication? I'm lying in my bed, dying, and I still find time to read and comment on your blog. Now you know how much I love you!

Ashley Skelnik said...

Kristina says a.) Troy

Molly and Molly said...

i will also have to say a. even though it means nothing as the 3rd poster.

'roatin' (n): an ancient city. "archiologists were amazed when they discovered roatin under tons of rock and sediment."

katrina the movie critic said...

hmmm...I was going to say Troy, but I don't remember that exact line, so...Sinbad!