Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Movie Tuesday!

Alright, there are 4 note-worthy DVDs that have been released today. I've only seen 2 of the 4, but I do plan on seeing the others for various reasons that will be stated below.

Definitely, Maybe - First and foremost, this movie stars Ryan Reynolds and Rachel Weisz, two extremely awesome actors. You should at least rent it for them. Next, if you have a uterus you will love this movie. It's a classic chick flick, the kind where you force a dude to see it with you. I won't go into detail about the plot, but it's about a father (Reynolds) who tells the story of the 3 serious girlfriends he had before she was born and she has to guess which one is her mother with simultaneous flashbacks into the story. Very cheesy, but very cute.

10,000 B.C. - This is an action flick for all you guys out there. And for the ladies, Steven Straight with his shirt off and just a little butt-flap. Need I say more? I saw this movie with some of my male cousins and they unfortunately weren't please with the pace of the movie or the frequency of the action scenes. I however was pleased with the story as a whole. It is very ingenious, intricate, and well thought out. No proverbial stone was left unturned.

Spiderwick Chronicles - I didn't see this movie for one reason: it looked a little too young for me (and for someone who loves kids' movies, that's saying something). However, I had been planning all along to get it on Netflix when it comes out and I will do just that. So if you would like a more interesting analysis, you're going to have to wait a while. Or just rent it and see for yourself.

In Bruges - This is an indie film starring Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes (pronounced: Ray Fines. I kid you not. I'll do another post on how stupid foreign names sound). It's about hit men and mob bosses in Europe somewhere (I'm thinking Bruges, but you never know). Shoot 'em up movies are good ones in my book so I'll be putting this one above Spiderwick on my queue. I know that things with Colin Farrell are crap-shoots (case in point: Alexander) but I'm going to give it a shot.

So that wraps up New Movie Tuesday, but stay tuned for your daily dose of goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Look Who's Talking. This little classic stars John Travolta and Kirstie Alley (before she went...well downhill) and, as the voice of the baby, Bruce Willis!! This All-American action hero holds the number one place at the top of my Old Man Crush list because not only is he still good looking at his age, but he is a universal actor that can do anything!

Movies to see: Definitely, Maybe; 10,000 B.C.; Spiderwick Chronicles; In Bruges; Look Who's Talking; and all of the Die Hards for some good old-fashioned Bruce Willis time.

Colin Farrell was in Alexander with Val Kilmer who was in Top Gun with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

i like the new sequence of kevin bacon steps - you know your bacon!