Saturday, June 21, 2008

Apologies

I know that it has been 4 whole days since I've posted a blog, but I was trying to teach you a lesson. You can't expect me to just show up every day and be witty! It's hard work and I think I used up my reserves of funny in the first four posts. Thus, I took a break to recharge.
Okay, none of that's true. I was just working a lot and didn't get around to it, but I think what I said above was much better.

So I've decided that on Fridays and Tuesdays I will do all that is in my power to write a blog and inform the masses. You may be wondering: Why those days? You see, Fridays are the days when movies come out in theaters whereas Tuesdays are the days when movies come out on DVD.
I know I've already missed out on Friday, but Tuesday is still to come and that is my day off so I would bet on an amazing post that day. But allow me to make up for yesterday.

Today is Friday the 20th of June and, yes, you've just gone back in time.

Today The Love Guru comes out in theaters. I don't know about you, but I am kind of excited about this. Mike Myers hasn't done a crazy movie in quite some time since The Cat in the Hat bombed its way into the box office 2003. Sure, he's done Shrek (which I just found out there is to be a fourth) and those are great, but I've been waiting and now I won't have to wait any longer.
What am I most excited for in this new film? I think the words "Justin Timberlake in a banana hammock" cover it (or maybe not). Just seeing that in the preview was enough to convince me. Sure Jessica Alba's in it and that's a huge negative, but what can you do? She's in and we'll just have to wait until the collagen in her lips explode or something (again, freak lips) and then she'll be uncool.

Get Smart was also released today. Steve Carell is funny, The Rock is awkward, and Anne Hathaway shows her boobs in Brokeback Mountain. So all in all this should be a good family flick with lots of laughs and a few unsure-if-I-should-laugh mumbles.

That's pretty much it for Friday the 20th of June. Let's zip back to the future for some awesome goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Haven. Never heard of it? Neither had I until I was surfing Netflix a year or so ago and decided to add it due to the fact that Orlando Bloom was in it. It is actually a decent movie and worth seeing once. I have to give props to Bill Paxton who also stars. Orlando gives another "eh" performance, but all in all it's a good one.

Movies to see: Love Guru for sure and Get Smart if you have time. Don't even bother with Brokeback. It's...yeah. Okay so it was actually well put together and good during a majority of it. Michelle Williams does a kickass job and, until Dark Knight comes out (July 18), it is the movie that Heath Ledger will be remembered for. And add Haven to the bottom of your Netflix and let it slowly rise to the top to surprise you in the mail one day. That's how it happened for me and I liked it.

Mike Myers was in Shrek 2 with Antonio Banderas who was in Interview with a Vampire with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps

Now who knows when I will write another, but I don't want you sitting at your computer waiting anxiously. Strike that, I do.

No comments: