Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jessica Alba Numero Dos

DVDs out today

127 Hours - The true story of a hiker who gets pinned in a crevice and has to saw his own arm off to survive. (I heard this movie is pretty gory and uncomfortable. So I wanna see it.)

Burlesque - A farm girl travels to LA and becomes a star in a...get this...burlesque show. (The story was contrived, but in the good way where it was decent anyway. Plus, naked Cam Gigandet.)

Faster - Dwayne Johnson's friend (or brother, I'm not sure) dies and he goes around killing a bunch of people. (I think that description, or lack there of, talks for itself.)

Love and Other Drugs - A pharmaceutical salesman falls for a woman with early onset Parkinson's disease. (This movie was quirky and cute and dealt with some serious drama. Plus, naked Jake Gyllenhaal.)

Meh Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Fantastic Four. A group of scientists are exposed to space radiation and they turn into super heroes. (As terrible as these movies were, I'm pretty sure they weren't meant to be serious. The fans were upset, but for those of us who didn't care, we were mindlessly entertained. Plus, shirtless Chris Evans.)

Movies to see:
127 Hours, Burlesque, Love and Other Drugs, Fantastic Four

Trailers of the post

Hoodwinked Too. The children's legends team up once again to take on the forces of evil. (No thanks. The first one wasn't that great...)



There Be Dragons. A conspiracy theory is investigated by a journalist. (I really wanted there to be dragons... Boring.)



Name 7 more Jessica Alba:
Never Been Kissed, Into the Blue, Good Luck Chuck, The Sleeping Dictionary, Valentine's Day, Machete, Little Fockers

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jessica Alba was in Valentine's Day with Julia Roberts who was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #241 winner:
Katie with Street Kings! Looks like guessing is working out for you...

QQ #242: name this Jessica Alba movie:
"Sneaky little shit."

a. Love Guru
b. Good Luck Chuck
c. Machete
d. Meet Bill

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I'm gonna go with d)Meet Bill

Kristina said...

Um, Good Luck Chuck? I try to steer clear of Alba's movies to respect my BIL's deep-seated distaste for her so I have no idea. Also, I squealed when I realized Love and Other Drugs was finally out on DVD - I know what I'll be watching all weekend