Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anna Faris

DVDs out Today

The Fighter - Marky Mark is a boxer with more fighting going on in his personal life than in the ring. (As much as I love Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams, this movie just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's the fact that I think boxing is dumb or maybe it's the fact that Christian Bale looks supremely creepy. Or maybe it's both facts...)

Hereafter - Matt Damon talks to dead people and some French lady almost dies but doesn't and a little boy loses his twin and kind of goes crazy. (This was one of the few Clint Eastwood movies that I actually enjoyed. Maybe because it wasn't dreary or depressing and didn't make me want to slit my wrists.)

The Switch - Jason Bateman accidentally knocks up Jennifer Aniston through in-vitro. (As ridiculous as that one-sentence summary was, the movie itself is far more ridiculous and pee-your-pants funny. Watch it!)

Ooooooo! Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post:
House Bunny. An ex-Playboy Bunny becomes the "house mother" to a group of awkward college girls. (This movie was pleasantly surprising and hilarious from beginning to end. I mean, who doesn't like a heart-warming story about a stupid slut making nerdy girls feel better about themselves?)

Movies to see:
Hereafter, The Switch, House Bunny

Trailers of the post

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night. The guy who played Superman is now dealing with monsters, zombies, and other supernatural stuff. (I can't really see Brandon Routh playing the sarcastic and cynical superhero, but it looks moderately funny and that one guy is pretty cool.)



Vintner's Luck. A peasant man strives to make the perfect wine. (Italian dramas, you gotta love 'em.)



Name 7 Anna Faris:
House Bunny, Scary Movie, Observe and Report, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Yogi Bear, Take Me Home Tonight

Kevin Bacon Game:
Anna Faris was in My Super Ex-Girlfriend with Eddie Izzard who was in Valkyrie with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

QQ #245 winner:
Katie cheats again with Turistas! If only I could prove it...

QQ #246: name this Anna Faris movie:
"It's like my mom always said: you can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of shit."

a. Scary Movie 2
b. Observe and Report
c. House Bunny
d. My Super Ex-Girlfriend

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I'm not cheating! =P

That quote is so classic Anna Faris that I really can't decide which movie to go with. I guess I'll go with House Bunny. I'm pretty sure my awesome streak is over...