Friday, March 4, 2011

Jay Baruchel

Movies out today

The Adjustment Bureau - Matt Damon falls for a girl and then some creepy dudes who apparently control fate or something tell him he can't have her so he says "screw you!" and they try to run away together. (Despite starring Matt Damon, this looks rather interesting and I definitely want to see it.)

Beastly - A modern take on Beauty and the Beast, a popular boy in high school is cursed to be ugly by one of the Olson twins and he has to make Vanessa Hudgens fall in love with him or he'll be uggers forever. (I always knew those Olson twins were tricksy! But really, I think I'd rather live as an ugly dude than love Vanessa Hudgens. That's just my personal opinion...)

HappyThankYouMorePlease - Ted from How I Met Your Mother stars in and directs this group of love stories that are all intertwined. (The trailer looks adorable and I've always loved Ted so in my eyes he can do no wrong. Unless it sucks, then he did wrong...)

Rango - A chameleon is in the desert and he does stuff. (Honestly, that's all I've been able to glean from the trailer. That and Johnny Depp is the voice of the chameleon. I guess knowing that Johnny Depp is in it is more important than knowing what the hell it's about...)

Take Me Home Tonight - Topher Grace goes from the 70's to the 80's in this epic night of lies, sex, drugs, and other bad things that people did in the 80's. (I've started out hating this movie just because merely looking at the title gets the song stuck in my head. Now it's stuck in yours! Note: making me was one of the good things that happened in the 80's.)

Nerdy Cute Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Sorcerer's Apprentice. The Fantasia short is expanded and brought to life as Nicolas Cage trains an awkward guy how to be a sorcerer. (I was pleasantly surprised at how good this movie actually was. I thought it would be ridiculous because Nicolas Cage is a sorcerer, but Jay Baruchel really saved it and made it awesome/hilarious.)

Movies to see:
The Adjustment Bureau, Beastly, HappyThankYouMorePlease, Take Me Home Tonight

Trailers of the post: Chick Flicks

Something Borrowed. Ginnifer Goodwin loves her best friend's fiance and hijinks ensue. (I love Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski and I love how crazy Kate Hudson is. This is going to be a good one.)



Jumping the Broom. Two vastly different families come together for a wedding and hijinks ensue. (More hijinks! Only the dramatic kind that aren't as funny...)



Name 7 Jay Baruchel:
I'm Reed Fish, Knocked Up, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, Fanboys, Tropic Thunder, Million Dollar Baby, How to Train Your Dragon

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jay Baruchel was in I'm Reed Fish with Alexis Bledel who was in Sin City with Bruce Willis who was in 12 Monkeys with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps

QQ #242 winner:
Katie gets 3 in a row with Meet Bill. Great movie, I suggest everyone see it. It's not all about Jessica Alba...

QQ #243: name this Jay B movie:
"I went out on four different dates, with three girls and that guy. I don't know what his intentions were, but it's fine. We had a great conversation. I think he was just looking for a friend."

a. I'm Reed Fish
b. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
c. She's Out of My League
d. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I dunno. I'm guessing C