Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keanu Reeves and Amy Smart

Movie out Friday (25th)

Grown Ups - I, for one, am super excited to see this. It has a crapload of my favorite comedians and I think we know that when you put a bunch of comedians together it ends up being so funny you pee your pants. Bring an extra pair, just in case!

DVDs out Tuesday

The Crazies - I really want to see this one even though it looks ridiculously scary. I'll just have to make sure it's during the early morning when the sun will be out all day and I'll have time to forget about it before going to sleep.

Hot Tub Time Machine - I can't imagine why this movie went to DVD so quickly. Apparently it bombed at the box office. Makes sense, but I'm still going to watch it because I love John Cusack!

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief - Um, I'm going to buy this. Even though it wasn't as amazing as the book. End of story.

Movie out Wednesday (30th)

Twilight Saga: Eclipse - There are no words to convey how happy I am that I will not be seeing this at the midnight showing. The Twi-hards are getting out of control. My relatives and friends among them.

No Emotion and Adorably Cute Goodies

Underrated movies of the post:
Speed. I don't care who you are, this movie is awesome. I has everything you need in an action movie: a serious cop, a funny girl, a twisted mad-man, a fallen friend, and explosions! My favorite part is when you think it's over, but then Dennis Hopper kidnaps Sandra Bullock and it starts all over again! Amazing!
Rat Race. Every time I think of Amy Smart, I see her flying a helicopter maniacally. It is hilarious beyond words. This film is another example of what happens when you put a bunch of funny people in one movie: pure comedic gold.

Movies to see:
Grown Ups, The Crazies, Percy Jackson, Speed, and Rat Race.

Trailers of the post: A bit of everything.

RED. Bruce Willis? I'm sold. Action movie? I'll be there opening night. Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren going nuts? I already know I'm going to buy it when it comes out.



The Extra Man. I don't really know what to think about this one. I like the actors and the story sounds interesting, but I still don't know if I'll bother seeing it. Very weird.



Step Up: 3D. You read correctly. Dancing, corny romance, decent music, all in three dimensions. Could you ask for anything more? Oh yeah, how bout a better way to spend 2 hours and 7 bucks? Pass.



Name 7 Keanu Reeves:
Constantine, The Matrix, Speed, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Lakehouse, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Street Kings.

Name 7 Amy Smart:
Crank, Rat Race, Road Trip, The Peaceful Warrior, The Butterfly Effect, Win a Date With Tad Hamilton, Interstate 60.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Keanu Reeves was in Something's Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
Amy Smart was in Crank with Jason Statham who was in The Italian Job with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #176 winner:
Katie with How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. I haven't actually seen it, but I plan to. Honestly, Megan Fox was what was throwing me off. She just bugs me.

QQ #177: name this Keanu Reeves movie:
"I'm married, too. I've got eight children and none of them look like me. I'm worried."

a. Street Kings
b. The Lakehouse
c. Speed
d. The Gift

QQ #178: name this Amy Smart movie:
"This is so... un-Christian!!"

a. The Peaceful Warrior
b. Just Friends
c. Crank
d. Rat Race

No comments: