Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tobey Maguire

DVDs out today

Little Fockers - Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro reunite for the third film in the series. (As much as I disliked the first two, I have to say that this one looks moderately funny. I'm pretty sure it's because of that little boy that plays the son.)

TRON: Legacy - Kevin Flynn's son, Sam, grows up without his father and gets sucked into the cyberworld that his father disappeared into when he was a child. (While not completely amazing, the special effects were cool and the story was decent. Really, the only reason this movie is worth seeing is if you loved the original or at least thought it was hilarious.)

Bug-Eyed Goodies


Underrated movie of the post:
Pleasantville. Two teenage siblings get sucked into their favorite black & white television show and must bring the old-fashioned town to life. (I mean, this movie isn't that great, but it is one of the more decent movies I've seen with Tobey Maguire. Plus, all the random actors that appear in it makes it interesting.)

Movies to see:
Little Fockers, TRON: Legacy, Pleasantville

Trailers of the post

Everything Must Go. A man loses everything and ends up living on his front lawn among all his possessions. (This looks adorably funny and inspiring at the same time. The last time Will Ferrell did a dramatic comedy it was Stranger Than Fiction and that movie was AWESOME.)



Beautiful Boy. The parents of a college campus shooter come to terms with their son's actions and try to move on with their lives. (This film is remarkable and I'm intrigued to see this side of the story. Besides that, Maria Bello and Michael Sheen are beyond amazing and I love them both.)



Name 7 Tobey Maguire:
Spiderman, Cats & Dogs, Pleasantville, The Good German, Seabiscuit, Ice Storm, Brothers

Kevin Bacon Game:
Tobey Maguire was in The Good German with Matt Damon who was in Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps

QQ #251 winner:
Katie with Charlie's Angels!

QQ #252: name this Tobey Maguire movie:
"I'm fine George. I don't need your help and I sure as shit don't need your charity. Leave me alone."

a. Seabiscuit
b. Spiderman 3
c. Brothers
d. Cider House Rules

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I'm relatively sure it's not a or b. So I'll go with c)Brothers.