Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Donald Sutherland

DVD out April 15

Harry Potter 7.1 - The wizards/witch travel around and try to figure out how to kill Voldemort while dealing with their raging hormones. (Seriously, this movie was just teenagers camping and bitching at each other. But I guess it was necessary because you can't really start the end of the epic movie franchise in the middle... It's kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean 2...)

DVDs out today

Gulliver's Travels - An idiot mail room guy embarks on a crazy adventure and makes a fool out of himself over and over again. (Essentially, Jack Black took the classic story, crapped all over it, and then threw it at the audience. And although I haven't seen it, I'm sure it's still more entertaining than the book which made me want to claw my eyes out... More power to him.)

The King's Speech - The king of England has a stutter and has to see a speech therapist on the sly. (I'm pretty bummed I never saw this one in theaters because it looks amazing. However, I will be getting it on Netflix and I will love it. I will.)

Rabbit Hole - A couple loses their child and has to cope, recover, and move on. (The preview of this looked extremely dramatic and depressing, but also ridiculously brilliant. I'm a little wary, but I will be seeing it and I suggest you do too.)

Somewhere - An actor preoccupied with sex, drugs, and skating through life is confronted with actual responsibilities when his young daughter is dropped on his doorstep. (The trailer for this film was weird, but I still want to see it. I really like Elle Fanning for reasons I cannot explain and the idea of a daddy/daughter emotional drama sounds intriguing.)

DVD out April 22


The Way Back - A group of soldiers escape from Siberia and make the extraordinarily long walk to Tibet and India. (Not only are there interesting actors in this (Jim Sturgess, Colin Farrell, Saoirse Ronan) but the story sounds positively remarkable. I can't wait to see it.)


Creepy Old Man Goodies


Underrated movie of the post:
Pride & Prejudice. Jane Austen's classic tale is redone for the billionth time. (This was a pretty good interpretation, but the best part is Donald Sutherland as the father. He was snarky and funny...for being a creepy old man.)


Movies to see:
Harry Potter 7.1, The King's Speech, Rabbit Hole, Somewhere, The Way Back, Pride & Prejudice


Trailers of the post: Kiddie Movies

Judy Moody and The Not Bummer Summer. A young girl and her little brother have to do adventurous tasks to earn points in some weird contest. (This looks pretty stupid...)



Winnie The Pooh. The fairytale animals need to find Eeyore a tail. (How is this different from all the other movies and/or TB episodes? The least they could do is come up with something more interesting. Even little kids need some sort of creativity for their movies...)




Name 7 Donald Sutherland:
The Italian Job, An American Haunting, Puppet Master, Pride & Prejudice, Astro Boy, The Mechanic, The Eagle


Kevin Bacon Game:
Donald Sutherland was in JFK with Kevin Bacon: 1 step


QQ #255 winner:
Micheala enters the race with Step Brothers.


QQ #256: name this Donny S movie:
"I would have been a wonderful bootmaker."

a. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
b. The Italian Job
c. Pride & Prejudice
d. The Mechanic

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I've seen everything but Buffy, and although it sounds like it could be a quote from The Italian Job or The Mechanic, I don't remember it. So I'll go with a)Buffy the Vampire Slayer

molly mouse said...

HP 7.1 was wonderful. i have never even heard of "the rabbit hole", "somewhere" or "the way back". do you have a secret club you're in where they tell you about secret movies?