Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Michelle Rodriguez

Movies out Friday

Conan the Barbarian - Some lame dude kills people and stuff. (Yeah, I don't really care...)

Fright Night - A vampire moves in next door to a high-school kid and he needs to save his town. (What I love most about this movie is Colin Farrell is the vampire and his name is Jerry. My second favorite things are Anton Yelchin and David Tennant! Yay!)

One Day - 20 years of a friendship is shown in only one day per year on the day they met. (This has been the most difficult movie to do a one-line summary on, but I don't care because I know it's going to be worth it. Love Jim Sturgess!!)

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World - Two little kids find out their step-mom is a spy and the whole family has to save the world from Jeremy Piven. (If only this were a true story and Jeremy Piven really wasn't around anymore...)

DVDs out today

The Beaver - Mel Gibson loses his shit and starts talking through a dirty beaver hand puppet that he finds in a dumpster. (Based on a true story.)

Win Win - Paul Giamatti helps a semi-homeless kid get back into school and win a wrestling tournament. (I didn't see it, but it looks pretty decent. Paul Giamatti is pretty much the man.)



Sassy Goodies



Underrated movie of the post:
Blue Crush. A girl must struggle to win a surfing competition, but is distracted with family and friend drama. (This is a favorite from back in the day, but I loved Michelle Rodriguez in it because she's sassy without being a total bitch. Even though she's pretty awesome when she's a bitch, too.)



Movies to see:
Fright Night, One Day, Spy Kids 4, Win Win, Blue Crush



Trailers of the post: Depressing

Warrior. Two brothers down on their luck end up fighting each other in a big championship or something. (I can't decide if I want to see this. Because either way it's going to be depressing, but it could end up being inspirational. I just don't think it was geared toward my type of audience...)



I Don't Know How She Does It. A woman is the bread-winner for her husband and two kids and starts to lose sight of being a mother/wife. (This is supposed to be a comedy, but the trailer just makes me sick to my stomach. It looks way too depressing to be funny...)





Name 7 Michelle Rodriguez:
Bloodrayne, Blue Crush, The Fast and The Furious, Resident Evil, Avatar, Machete, Battle: Los Angeles



Kevin Bacon Game:
Michelle Rodriguez was in Battle: Los Angeles with Aaron Eckhart who was in Love Happens with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps



QQ #286 winner:
Me because no one guessed Three to Tango!



QQ #287: name this Michelle Rodriguez movie:
"I was hoping for some kind of tactical plan that didn't involve martyrdom."

a. Avatar
b. Fast and Furious (#4)
c. Resident Evil
d. Machete

1 comment:

KT80 said...

All those movies sound like she plays the same type of character - the woman who could easily have said that quote! I think that's cheating.

I know it's not B, I don't think it's A, and I've not seen C or D. Hmm... I choose D. Because machetes are cool.