Tuesday, August 9, 2011

John Malkovich

Movies out Friday

The Change-Up - Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman accidentally switch bodies. (In other words, it's Freaky Friday only probably way more dirty and hilarious.)

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - The prequel to all the movies showing just how they became smart and take over the planet. (I was coerced into seeing this movie and I can tell you right now that it was NOT worth it. Just watch the previews, they pretty much tell you how it all happened in the 2.5 minutes. Everything else is just filler and stupid.)

DVDs out Today

Paul - Two uber-nerds come across an actual alien on their way across the country and have to help him get home. (This movie was pretty freaking hilarious and I highly recommend it. Kristen Wiig and Simon Pegg are my favorites!)

Super - A man loses his wife to Kevin Bacon and decides to become a super-hero. (I'm not exactly sure I have the plot right, but all I do know is it has Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, and Kevin Bacon in it and that's all you need to know too!)

Your Highness - A medieval adventure with tons of drugs and penis jokes. (It was pretty hilarious and mildly disgusting at times. I just love Danny McBride. And Natalie Portman in a raunchy movie? Hilarious.)


Kinda Weird in a Good Way Goodies


Underrated movie of the post:
Con Air. A group of convicts hijack a transport plane and one man goes up against them to save the day. (This is one of those movies that when you see it on TV you just have to sit and watch it. It's so freaking good! And John Malkovich wasn't weird like he is now-a-days. He was just downright awesome.)


Movies to see:
The Change-Up, Paul, Super, Your Highness, Con Air


Trailers of the post: Dramas

Main Street. A small town is turned upside-down by the arrival of a stranger bent on making things "better". (I haven't quite decided on this one. It could be really touching or it could be really boring. British dramas have a tendency to be both so we'll see.)



Contagion. A radical new virus sweeps the world and people freak out. (No thanks. I'd rather just keep being ignorant of this threat instead of watching Hollywood A-Listers act out the end of the world.)




Name 7 John Malkovich:
Eragon, Being John Malkovich, Con Air, Of Mice and Men, Art School Confidential, Burn After Reading, Changling


Kevin Bacon Game:
John Malkovich was in Burn After Reading with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.


QQ #284 winner:
Katie with Gamer! And I will deny it til the end. Deny, deny, deny!


QQ #285: name this John Malkovich movie:
"I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!"

a. Burn After Reading
b. RED
c. Man in the Iron Mask
d. Transformers 3

1 comment:

KT80 said...

Yes! I love it when I win on a guess!!

Speaking of guessing... RED?

Denial's unhealthy. Just my professional opinion, but it's right.