Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tom Hanks Part Two

DVDs out Today

Atonement - This movie came out in theaters a million years ago. I could've sworn it was already out on DVD, but I guess when you don't care much about something then you don't pay attention. I heard this movie was boring and then some with a depressing ending that is so stupid you forget why you even bothered seeing it in the first place. Thankfully, I never wasted my time and I don't plan to.

Bright Star - A period piece/bio-pic. I really like these combinations lately and this one looks pretty good.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - I didn't see this movie because my cousin Molly told me not to. She gave me a few good reasons not to. Apparently, the guy who wrote the book is as big a douche as the guy in his book and I should not give him any more money. So I won't.

Michael Jackson's This Is It - While I support this movie and all the happiness that it brings people after the death of MJ, I still don't like watching Documentaries. So I probably won't be seeing this one.

Saw VI - I heard they plan on making Saw VII in 3D. I was sick of these movies after the third one and I doubt adding a third dimension is going to make them any better.

Surrogates - Not one of the best movies I've seen and it has very heavy undertones of "humans are too reliant on technology" and "technology will be our downfall", but the action was decent and Bruce Willis is still hot.

Whip It! - Honestly, one of the best movies from last year. It was the perfect balance of comedy and drama in that there was way more comedy and only a little bit of drama. Also, Ellen Page and Kristin Wiig are awesome.

Big Goodies (get it? haha)

Underrated movie of the post:
A League of Their Own. This is an all-around wonderful movie. The acting is great from all sides (including Rosie O'Donnell. Who knew?) and who doesn't love Geena Davis? She is one of the most underrated actresses, in my opinion. You just don't see her around anymore. It's too bad. And Tom Hanks was beyond hilarious bringing that edge of comedy. Brilliant.

Movies to see:
Bright Star, Surrogates, Whip It! and A League of Their Own.

Trailers of the post: Kiddie movies

Toy Story 3!



Karate Kid. A remake with Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith. Looks mildly entertaining. I wasn't a big fan of the original(s), but I can see why they're bringing them back. 1) To get a new generation hooked and 2) because Hollywood can't come up with an original idea to save its life and must remake old movies or turn books into movies.



Cats & Dogs 2. I can't believe they're making a sequel to this atrocity and nine years later, no less. Hopefully it won't be released in theaters.



Name 7 (more) Tom Hanks:
Turner and Hooch, Big, Da Vinci Code, The Simpsons Movie, Toy Story, A League of Their Own, The Green Mile.

Kevin Bacon Game (without Apollo 13):
Tom Hanks was in You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan who was in In the Cut with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #135 and #136 winners:
Me! Because no one guessed the right answers of 135) Stealth or 136) Anti-Trust. Stumped ya!

QQ #137: name this Tom Hanks movie:
"You're not sick, _____, no. You're a little far-sighted."

a. The Terminal
b. You've Got Mail
c. Apollo 13
d. Catch Me If You Can

3 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

First, I think I should at least get a warning of when a new blog is posted, regardless of quote quizzes (actually, i think this is an option, I will investigate further)

Secondly, I guess A

Thirdly: What're you doing v-day weekend? Michael & I are shooting into town.

Molly and Molly said...

Also, did you go see "The Spy Next Door?", because you put up pretty much exactly the trailers for that movie (and yes sadly i DID see The Spy Next Door. Why can't Jackie Chan speak english yet?!)

Kristina said...

Dangit! Molly took my answer! I think if you want to see the Hell/Beer movie you should NetFlix it then it's not like your actually giving that douche any money