Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jessica Biel and Ryan Phillippe

DVDs out Tuesday (19th)

Gamer - I'm going to buy this movie for three reasons: 1. Logan Lerman, 2. Gerard Butler's badass-ness, and 3. Milo Ventimiglia being a HUGE creeper. Love it!

The Invention of Lying - I never got around to seeing this in theaters, but I do want to. I love Ricky Gervais. He's hilarious.

Pandorum - I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me guessing (for a while) and the twists and turns were pretty exciting. Besides, there're some quality hunks.

Whiteout - Kind of a lame one, but Gabriel Macht and Kate Beckinsale are hot.

Movies out Friday (22nd)

Extraordinary Measures - Probably going to be a HUGE tear-jerker, but I do have a spoiler: the kids don't die. So save the tissues! Yay!

Legion - One of the best movies I've seen so far this year. I freaking love Paul Bettany and the action was superb. It's the perfect combination of kind of scary, kind of creepy, and kind of awesome! I wish that they had picked a better dude for Dennis Quaid's son, though. His accent got real annoying real fast.

Tooth Fairy - I love Ashley Judd, but I staunchly refuse to see this movie.

Freaking Awesome Goodies and Not-So-Freaking Awesome But Still Good Looking If You Ignore The Fact That He Left Reese Witherspoon Who Is Awesome... Goodies.

Underrated movies of the post:
London. It was kind of weird, but I really came to like Jessica Biel in this movie. It takes place during the span of a going-away party for London (Biel) and her ex-boyfriend (Chris Evans) still loves her and tries to get her back. But it's not the chick flick that it sounds. There's fighting and drinking and drugs (courtesy of Jason Statham) and some pretty risque flashbacks. But it's still really good.
Playing By Heart. This movie is a great look at real life and the ridiculous things that can happen and the intricacies of relationships (family, friends, and significant others). I loved it so much I ran right out and bought it (by that I mean I ordered it on Amazon and got it in the mail three days later). Really, REALLY good movie.

Movies to see:
Gamer, The Invention of Lying, Pandorum, Whiteout, Extraordinary Measures, Legion, London, and Playing By Heart.

Trailers of the post: Action(-ish)

A-Team - Prepare yourself for shirtless Bradley Cooper. It comes out of nowhere and, if not prepared, sudden gasping and the inability to pay attention to the rest of the trailer may occur.



Macgruber - I can't believe they actually made a movie out of this ridiculous SNL sketch AND Val Kilmer is in it. I had so much respect for that man until today (even after all the other horrible movies he's been in).



Salt - Although the action looks great, I'm more interested in the story for this one. Will it be twisted enough to keep me guessing? We'll see. We'll see.



Repo Men - This movie looks absolutely awesome and I don't care who knows it!



Name 7 Jessica Biel:
Summer Catch, The Illusionist, Blade Trinity, Elizabethtown, London, Stealth, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Name 7 Ryan Phillippe:
Cruel Intentions, Stop-Loss, Flags of Our Fathers, Chaos, Breach, Playing By Heart, I Know What You Did Last Summer

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jessica Biel was in Elizabethtown with Orlando Bloom who was in Troy with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.
Ryan Phillippe was in Breach with Laura Linney who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #133 and #134 winners:
Katie won #134 with Southland Tales, but no one got #133 which was Just Like Heaven. Therefore, I've decided to no longer remind people to guess and/or wait until the right answer is chosen before I write a new post. I have now entered the QQ Challenge and if I stump you then I get a point! Huzzah! So I've gone back to when I started using Multiple Choice and tabulated my points. I already have 9. You guys better get on your game!

QQ #135: name this Jessica Biel movie:
"Well you boy's will have to excuse me I have to go pee-pee!"

a. Blade Trinity
b. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
c. Stealth
d. Summer Catch

QQ #136: name this Ryan Phillippe movie:
"This isn't a game! In the real world, when you kill people they die - for real!"

a. Stop-Loss
b. Anti-Trust
c. Breach
d. Flags of Our Fathers

1 comment: