Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eddie Izzard

Movies out Friday

Daybreakers - Although it looks scary, I just don't take vampires as seriously anymore so I feel it's probably going to be hilarious. The biggest problem I face is finding someone to go see it with me. Anyone?

Leap Year - An all-around fantastic movie! I haven't seen a chick flick in forever and I'm glad I went to see this. Amy Adams was as cute as ever and Matthew Goode was Goode-looking in his unassuming, subtle hotness. What a hunk! And that Irish accent? Oh jeez...

Youth in Revolt - I'm intrigued, but not enough to go pay for it. I'll wait for Netflix.

A Single Man - Colin Firth is gay (I think) and Julianne Moore is his best friend who loves him (I think). Weird all around.

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus - Not as good as I expected. It was more weird than I cared for and Heath Ledger, though advertised as being the hero, ended up being a sleaze-ball. Unfortunate. It was enjoyable to see Johnny Depp and Jude Law in it. Not so much Colin Farrell.

Beyond Hilarious Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Mystery Men. So many great actors acting utterly ridiculous. This is a classic and I don't care what anyone says!

Movies to see:
Daybreakers, Leap Year, and Mystery Men.

Trailers of the post: A lotta Comedies.

Saint John of Las Vegas. I love Steve Buscemi. That is all.



The Bounty Hunter. Gerard Butler chasing Jennifer Aniston around and getting into crazy hijinks? Sign me up!



Furry Vengeance. Brendan Fraser vs. woodland creatures? No thanks, I'll wait for DVD.



Our Family Wedding. This looks kinda okay, but I probably won't run out to see it. It depends on if I get dragged along by someone more determined than myself.



Name 7 Eddie Izzard:
Igor, Across the Universe, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, The Wild, Mystery Men, Valkyrie, Ocean’s Twelve.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Eddie Izzard was in Valkyrie with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #130 and #131 winners:
Kristina takes the first with Goldmember and Katie takes the second with Body of Lies. A nice even split.

QQ Standings:
Molly: 31 ½
Kristina: 31
Katie: 29
Katrina: 12
Diana: 9
Aunt Janette: 4
Beth: 2
Michael: 1
Justin: 0

QQ #132: name this Eddie Izzard movie:
"I'm just a regular man like yourself with 10,000 more money, intelligence and taste."

a. Dress to Kill
b. My Super Ex-Girlfriend
c. Ocean's Twelve
d. Igor

3 comments:

Kristina said...

The answer is B. My Super Ex-Girlfriend. The movie was also shot with Luke Wilson, pre-jowl days... hahahaha

KT80 said...

Crap. B has been chosen. So I guess I'll go with A.

Molly and Molly said...

well i think i'll go with c. don't you love the variety of guessing?!